At ISANA we firmly believe in Culturally Relevant and Responsive Education and focusing on Socio-Emotional Learning. We work to explicitly connect school and home, so our students know that who they are and where they come from are important and valuable assets in their learning. In this way students increase their motivation, sense of self, and achievement.
In order to connect school and home, we have put together this Family Connections Corner page. This page provides resources to families in:
- Monthly themes the school will cover during the year,
- Books that families can read together at home about these themes,
- Important figures families can talk about who exemplify these themes,
- Careers that students can pursue related to these themes
- Important dates and events that have happened throughout history that correspond to these themes,
- Strategies for problem solving you can employ as a family around these themes, and
- Connections to what is happening in various departments at school around these themes.